Note: due to popular request, we have changed the proposal deadline to give proposers more time. The new date for paper submissions is 20 February 2023.
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Submission deadline: 20 February 2023
31 January 2023
Workshop date: 15 June 2023
The European Association for Machine Translation (EAMT) invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the EAMT 2023 conference taking place in Tampere, from 12 to 14 June 2023 with workshops held on 15 June. We solicit proposals in all areas of machine translation. EAMT workshops are intended to provide the opportunity for MT-related communities of interest to spend focused time together advancing the state of thinking or the state of practice in their area of interest or endeavour. Workshops are generally scheduled as full-day events. Every effort will be made to accept or reject (with reason) workshop proposals as soon as possible after they are received by the organising committee so that the workshop organisers have adequate time to prepare the workshop.
- Proposal submission deadline: 20 February 2023
31 January 2023
- Notification of acceptance: rolling basis
All deadlines are 23:59 CEST
Proposals should be submitted as PDF documents. Note that submissions should be ready to be turned into a Call for Papers to the workshop within one week of notification. The proposals should be at most two pages for the main proposal and at most two additional pages for information about the organisers, programme committee, and references. Thus, the whole proposal should not be more than four pages long. The two pages for the main proposal must include:A title and authors, affiliations, and contact information.
- A title and a brief description of the workshop topic and content.
- A list of speakers and alternates whom you intend to invite to present at the workshop.
- An estimate of the number of attendees.
- A description of any shared tasks associated with the workshop (if any), and estimate of the number of participants.
- A description of special requirements and technical needs.
- If the workshop has been held before, a note specifying where previous workshops were held, how many submissions the workshop received, how many papers were accepted (also specify if they were not regular papers, e.g., shared task system description papers), and how many attendees the workshop attracted.
- An outline of the intended workshop timeline with details about the following items:
- First call for workshop papers: some date
- Second call for workshop papers: some date
- Workshop paper due: some date
- Notification of acceptance: some date
- Camera-ready papers due: some date
The two pages for information about organisers, program committee, and references must include:
- The names, affiliations, and email addresses of the organisers, with a brief description (2-5 sentences) of their research interests, areas of expertise, and experience in organising workshops and related events.
- A list of Programme Committee members, with an indication of which members have already agreed.
Submission is electronic at the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eamt2023
Submissions should be formatted according to the templates specified below. Anonymisation is not required. Submissions should be no longer than 4 pages, and submitted as PDF files to EasyChair EAMT 2023 (submission type: EAMT2023 Workshops).
Templates for writing your proposal
Use one of the templates below to prepare your submission:
Please also use these templates for camera-ready workshop contributions to comply with the format requirements for the workshop proceedings to be published in the ACL Anthology.
The workshop proposals will be evaluated according to their originality and impact, and the quality of the organising team and Programme Committee.
The organisers of the accepted proposals will be responsible for publicising and running the workshop, including reviewing submissions, producing the camera-ready workshop proceedings and publishing them in the ACL Anthology, as well as organising the schedule with local EAMT organisers.
For every accepted workshop, we offer one free registration for the EAMT 2023 conference to one workshop organiser.
- Maja Popović, ADAPT Centre @ Dublin City University
- Judith Brenner, University of Eastern Finland
- Jay Marciano, Director of MT Outreach & Strategy, Lengoo, and President of AMTA