2.10.2019, 9:00–12:00 Tampere University, Room Linna K103, Kalevantie 5, Tampere
REGISTER from this link until 1.10.2019
The one-day workshop is aimed to share innovative thoughts and hands-on experience on how social sciences and humanities in university could support business development of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). The workshop is a pre-event of the 2020 Triple Helix Conference, 15-17 June in Tampere and will engage actors from university, industry and government sectors. One of the two founders of the concept of Triple Helix Model of innovation, Professor Henry Etzkowitz, will be the keynote speaker in the event. In addition panellists from regional government, universities and SMEs are invited to share their views. The participants have an opportunity to share their experiences and join discussions on the following questions:
- What are third mission of university in the field of social sciences and humanities?
- How may SMEs benefit from the collaboration with scholars of social sciences and humanities?
- What is the role of regional government in facilitating the collaboration between university and industry with respect to the field of social sciences and humanities?
- 9:00-9:20 Opening words
Juha Teperi, Vice President of Tampere University
Päivi Myllykangas, Director of Innovation and Future, Council of Tampere Region
Marianne Murto, Co-Founder, Value Creative & Entrepreneurship and Team leadership student, TAMK Proakatemia
- 9:20-10:20 Keynote speech by Henry Etzkowitz
- 10:20-10:40 Coffee break
- 10:40-11:50 Panel discussion on the role of soft sciences in boosting SMEs’ business
Henry Etzkowitz, Director of International Triple Helix Institute
Jere Wessman, Creative Director, Demola
Johanna Kujala, Vice Dean of Faculty of Management and Business, Tampere University
Seppo Haataja, Program Director, Smart Tampere Ecosystem Program, Business Tampere
Moderator: Markku Sotarauta, Professor, Regional Studies Group, Faculty of Management and Business, Tampere University