You can submit proposals for one of the following three types:
- Individual paper presentation (*the companies may showcase their solutions involving university-industry-government cooperation on the way to innovations)
- Individual poster presentation
- Panel discussion or round table session, consisting no less than three presenters
All proposals shall be directed to some of the Triple Helix Conference 2020 tracks:
- Theoretical foundations and methodological approaches of Triple Helix
- Concepts and theories to frame the future of innovation
- Innovation in transnational contexts
- Innovation and Collaboration for sustainability
- University reforms for future innovation
- Governance and public policy in shaping future innovative society
- Individuals’ role in Triple/Quadruple Helix or future innovation
- Others topics related to the theme of the Conference
The members of the Scientific Committee of the 2020 Triple Helix Conference will review all the submitted abstracts. The authors of the accepted abstracts are encouraged to submit full papers to the relevant journals.
The descriptions and structures of the three types of proposals are as follows.
Proposals for individual paper or poster presentations
The papers and posters can be put in the following three categories: a. original research – either conceptual or empirical, b. research design for studies in-progress or c. analysis of practical experience e.g. practitioners’ perspectives.
When writing the proposals, please use Harvard referencing style, Times font size 12 pt, line spacing of 1,5 and 2 pt margins.
The length of paper proposal is 800-1000 words; the length of poster proposal is 400-500 words.
A proposal must include the following:
- Types (a. original research, b. research Design or c. practical experience analysis)
- Findings or expected outcomes
- Practical and/or Social Implications
- Keywords (3-5)
Proposals for panel discussion and round table session
Panel discussions are designed to encourage dialogue around a timely themes related to the topic of the conference. Besides panel discussions, the format of the suggested session can be a new one, for example a round table discussion, debate, pecha kucha or a fishbowl conversation. New formats of dialogue are warmly welcomed to this section. Each session shall take 90 minutes and must include minimum four participants including the organiser of the session.
Proposals will be reviewed by the members of the Scientific Committee of the 2020 Triple Helix Conference. The selected proposals will be invited to submit their conference papers and successful papers are considered for publications in the Triple Helix journal and other possible journals and magazines.
When writing the proposal, please use Harvard referencing style, Times font size 12 pt, line spacing of 1,5 and 2 pt margins.
The length of paper proposal is 800-1000 words.
Panel Session Proposal:
- The contribution of the session to the conference
- Participants’ contact details, roles in the session and profiles (at least 4 presenters)
- The format of panel (how the panel is organised and how participants are engaged)
- Intended outcomes/goals
- Requirement for organising the workshop
- Keywords (3-5)