Practical info for Berlin hub
The German conference hub is organized by Kathleen Falkenberg and Nadine Bernhard (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin) and Kathrin Hörschelmann (University of Bonn). The conference will take place at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
The conference is organised as hybrid event with onsite and digital sessions. Wednesday 20 October takes place online-only, on Thursday 21 and Friday 22 October sessions will take place online as well as onsite at Festsaal Luisenstrasse 56, 10117 Berlin
The onsite event
Travel and accomodation for onsite participants:
The conference venue at Festsaal Luisenstrasse is located in Berlin-Mitte, in walking distance to train station Friedrichstrasse or subway station “Oranienburger Tor”. There are plenty of hotels and airbnb’s available locally, please have a look here for more info: https://www.berlin.de/en/accommodation/
For easiest transport, you might opt for accomodation in Mitte or along the East-West S-Bahn-line. For more info on public transport please look here: https://www.berlin.de/en/public-transportation/
If you are interested in a walk along the former Berlin Wall you can find helpful information here: https://www.berlin.de/en/tourism/insider-tips/1757657-5766508-wall-in-berlin-where-it-still-stands.en.html
For those who wish to attend the conference in person, we would like you to start gathering information about travelling to Germany from abroad and Covid-related preparations via this link from Federal Foreign Office: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268
In order to provide a safe conference experience for all we ask onsite participants to stick to the following basic rules:
- Admission to the conference is only possible for participants who have recovered from COVID-19, are tested negative (test result is valid for max. 24 hours) and/or are vaccinated against the Corona virus. We will provide you with a list of test centers close to the venue.
- We will make a list of participants with contact details so people can be contacted in case of an infection. The list will be handled with great care and will be deleted four weeks after the event.
- Since fresh air reduces the aerosol concentration in a room, we will ventilate the rooms on a regular basis. Weather in October will be cool though, so please make sure to be dressed accordingly.
- Following official instructions, we limit the number of people in the conference hall to 36 at a time.
- Participants are required to wear a FFP2 mask indoors – except during presentations. Please be sure to bring enough masks for the event plus traveling in Berlin.
- Catering options are limited due to Covid-19-restrictions but we are working on alternative solutions.
Those regulations are subject to eventual changes due to dynamics of the pandemic. You will find all the information regarding latest regulations via Email prior to the event and onsite.
Please register to attend the Berlin hub here by 15 September 2021.
The participation fee is 50 € (VAT 0 %) and it contains the conference programme, scheduled lunches and coffees. Conference dinner on Thursday 21 October will be self-pay, though. In case the event cannot take place in-person the fee will be used to cover technical support for an online-only event.
Contact e-mail for Berlin hub: firstname.lastname@example.org