Events that are organized by Tampere University of Applied Sciences promote sustainable development and global responsibility in a number of ways:
- University campuses are easily reached by public transportation.
- We usually organize congress activities in central locations, which eliminates the need for arranged participant transportation.
- At the university campuses, accessibility is ensured by various means (e.g. ramps, elevators, automatic doors, accessible toilets, induction loops).
- When outside the university facilities, we favour accessible venues.
- We ensure that all communication and information is accessible for the event delegates (e.g. website, registration form, signs at the venue).
- We favour local suppliers and partners (hotels, venues, catering operators) that have obtained a certificate in sustainability.
- We do not request for disposable tableware and dishes for catering.
- We prioritize locally produced catering options.
- Pre-registration is required to also minimize food waste at our events.
- As Finnish tap water is clean and safe to drink, we do not use or distribute bottled water.
- We support multidisciplinary encounters and diversity perspectives (e.g. ecumenical chapel, gender-neutral toilets, availability of nursing room).
- We reuse name badge holders and provide a drop-off point for them.
- We avoid using any decorations that create unnecessary waste.
- Recycling is done efficiently at Tampere Universities campuses and it is also made clear to visitors.
- We take measures to ensure health security (hygiene, thorough cleaning of facilities, following eventual restrictions) according to the global health situation.
- We promote social responsibility e.g. by appointing university students as event assistants.
- We recommend you travel sustainably to Tampere
Read more about sustainability in Tampere Universities here.
SAFETY ON CAMPUS
Coming to TAMK campuses is allowed only when you feel well, and during your stay on campus we expect you to practice good hand hygiene. This way we can ensure safe circumstances for studying and working for all of us. Every participant of the Eye on TAMK has a duty to act responsibly. Face masks will be available from the main entrances on the campus buildings throughout the week. TAMK restaurants are serving Eye on TAMK participants during the whole event, but the lunch break is scheduled later to avoid crowding.