Towards better ageing through science and innovations!
Longevity is the greatest achievement of the humankind, and, currently, also a global challenge. Tampere University is a central hub, where versatile, interdisciplinary, and topical research on ageing and the ageing society is carried out. Much of this research takes place in interdisciplinary cross-sections that can also be the breeding ground for new break-through, and innovations. This symposium works towards increasing our academic community’s productivity and visibility of our research by cooperating and networking.
We invite to the symposium all researchers at Tampere University who are interested in:
- ageing, late life, and the ageing society
- the health, care, and services for older people
- social activity and social relationships in late life
- the economics of late life and old age policies
- prolonging work careers, retirement and being a retiree
- technologies for supporting well-being and health, gerontechnology
- digitalisation in ageing societies
- living environments and infrastructures of the ageing society
- other, emerging issues related to ageing, human longevity and the ageing society
Come to present your work and meet other researchers! Let’s create new ways to meet the challenges of the ageing societies and make Tampere University the leading research consortium dedicated to old age and ageing in Finland.
The programme of the symposium features plenary and thematic sessions as well as a poster session. If you want to present your research (results or plans) at the symposium, send a 250-300 word abstract (in Finnish of English) by 11 June 2023. Please also mention whether you want to give an oral presentation or to present a poster.
Submit your abstract here: https://forms.office.com/e/kH4bMnMeGT