- 2 parallel sessions: materials science & life science
- Presentations 15 min + 5 min for questions. The session chair will read questions submitted by participants.
- The presentations will be recorded, and they will be available on the web page for max. 14 days after Scandem.
- Question and Answer part will follow your presentation. The session chair will read questions submitted by participants.
- The Scandem 2022 will be facilitated using the Zoom web conferencing platform. If you have never used Zoom, we advise you to test it in the Zoom practice room.
- Use your own name in the Zoom application, so the technical personnel can identify you.
Zoom Practice Room
Prepare for your Zoom presentation in a stress-free environment. Use the Zoom Practice Room to rehearse, including sharing your screen, giving your presentation, advancing your slides and testing your mic and speakers for optimum participation during the meeting. You can do this any time suitable for you.
To access the Scandem Zoom Practice Room, join this meeting:
Join by H.323
Meeting ID: 691 2958 7054
Hints and Tips for a Successful Presentation
- Test your Zoom connection ahead of time, especially your audio and video
- It is good idea to install the Zoom client program
- Safe sharing options: Share screen or use Power Point reading mode. The MAC users need to give Zoom the rights to share the screen (from Privacy settings).
- Ensure your microphone, headphone or speakerphone is near you.
- Mute your Zoom session or phone when not in use.
- Avoid bright lights and windows behind you.
- Good light in front of you (on your face) will provide for a better image.
- Test any virtual backgrounds that you may be utilizing to ensure there are no video irregularities.
- You can use the Scandem 2022 virtual background in the end of the page.
Resources (Courtesy of Zoom Support)
Screen Sharing a PowerPoint Presentation
Changing your Virtual Background image
Joining Zoom session and changing name
You can use this Scandem 2022 virtual background