SELECTION OF THE PARTICIPANTS
To qualify for participation, the PhD student should fulfill the following requirements:
• He/she is registered at a recognized degree-granting higher education institution as a Doctoral candidate
• He/she is at least about to begin his/her second year
• His/her doctoral work focuses explicitly on issues related to innovation and development
• He/she is able to present an original paper associated with his/her doctoral work.
Participants will be selected based on the Call for Applications. Selection aims at promoting diversity among participants, making sure that students from Africa, Asia and Latin America are represented, together with some students from other continents. The candidates from each geographical origin with the best CVs and the most promising extended abstracts will be selected.
Student selection will be based upon evaluation of
1) an extended abstract of four pages describing the student’s thesis;
2) student’s CV (max two pages); and
3) a recommendation letter from the supervisor or from another senior scholar.
Abstracts (four pages) should be typed double-spaced in English. The abstract should state the objectives, methodology and data, expected results and conclusions of the work, including supporting figures and main references. If approved, students should submit their full papers no later than 14 July 2019.
Please submit abstracts, CVs and letters of recommendation by 5 May 2019. Submission is now closed.