Social Ontology 2019
The 6th Biennial ENSO Conference
22-24 August 2019
Tampere University, Finland
Tampere University will host the biennial social ontology conference. This major conference will bring together leading philosophers and other theorists studying the nature of the social world and how to improve our models of it.
* Approaches to the metaphysics of the social world
* Collective intentionality and group action
* The nature of institutions and social structures
* Philosophy of race and gender
* Metaphysics of money and markets
* Collective and distributed responsibility
* Ontological aspects of critical social theory
Organizers: Tampere University, Philosophy (Faculty of Social Science); International Social Ontology Society
Organizing Committee: Arto Laitinen (Chair, Tampere), Jaana Virta (Conference Secretary, Tampere), Jani Hakkarainen (Tampere), Raul Hakli (Helsinki), Onni Hirvonen (Jyväskylä), Säde Hormio (Helsinki), Risto Koskensilta (Tampere), Lauri Lahikainen (Tampere), Pekka Mäkelä (Helsinki), Mikko Salmela (Helsinki).
Program Committee: Olle Blomberg, Björn Peterson, Michael Schmitz, Niels de Haan, Heikki Ikäheimo, Hans Bernhard Schmid, Frank Hindriks, Stephanie Collins, David Schweikard, Gerhard Thonhauser, Alessandro Salice, Mari Mikkola, plus the organizing committee.