The Globelics Academy applications are now closed!
Out of almost 150 applications, 26 participants have been selected to participate in the Globelics Academy 2022. The participants were selected based on the theme of the abstract, its quality and length, their progress of the paper, and, of course participants’ geographical dispersion and gender were also taken into account.
Those participants who were not selected, are free to apply next year!
SELECTION OF THE PARTICIPANTS
To qualify for participation, the PhD student should fulfill the following requirements:
• He/she is registered at a recognized degree-granting higher education institution as a Doctoral candidate,
• He/she is at least about to begin his/her second year,
• His/her doctoral work focuses explicitly on issues related to innovation and development, and
• He/she is able to present an original paper associated with his/her doctoral work.
Participants will be selected based on the Call for Applications. Selection aims at promoting diversity among participants, making sure that students from Africa, Asia and Latin America are equally represented, together with some students from other continents. The candidates from each geographical origin with the best CVs and the most promising extended abstracts will be selected.
Student selection will be based upon evaluation of
1) an extended abstract* of four pages describing the student’s thesis/chapter of thesis,
2) student’s CV (max two pages), and
3) a recommendation letter from the supervisor or from another senior scholar.
*Abstracts (four pages) should follow APA (7th edition) writing style, therefore all in-text citations, references and paper formatting should follow general APA style. The abstract should state the objectives, methodology and data, expected results and conclusions of the work, including supporting figures and main references. If approved, students should submit their full papers no later than 22 June 2022. Please note that the abstract can be either about the PhD thesis itself, or a chapter of the thesis.
Please submit abstracts, CVs and letters of recommendation by May 2nd, 2022.