Symposium on ageing research at Tampere University 2019
4 June 2019
Towards better ageing through science and innovations!
Longevity is the greatest achievement of the humankind, and, currently, also a global challenge. Tampere University is a central hub, where versatile, interdisciplinary, and topical research on ageing and the ageing society is carried out. Much of this research takes place in interdisciplinary cross-sections that can also be the breeding ground for new break-through, and innovations. This symposium works towards increasing our academic community’s productivity and visibility of our research by cooperating and networking.
We invite to the symposium all researchers at Tampere University who are interested in:
• ageing, old age, and the ageing society
• the health, care and services for older people
• social activity and social relationships at old age
• the economics of old age and old age policies
• prolonging work careers, retirement and being a pensioner
• technologies for supporting well-being and health, gerontechnology
• digitalisation in ageing societies
• living environments and infrastructures of the ageing society
• other, emerging issues related to human old age and the ageing society
Come and meet other researchers and to tell about your research! Let’s create new ways to meet the challenges of the ageing societies, and make Tampere University the leading research consortium dedicated to old age and ageing in Finland.
The TAU-AGE symposium will be organised on the city centre campus, Main building, Kalevantie 4. The programme of the symposium features plenary and thematic sessions as well as a poster session.
The event is organised by the Gerontology Research Center GEREC (www.gerec.fi).