Each presentation should be no more than twenty-minutes long. The session chair is responsible for ensuring the timely progress of the session and may cut you off if you fail to subscribe to the strict twenty-minute rule.
When presenting your work all rooms will have computers with PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat, and a projector. We request that all participants use a USB Flash Drive to upload their presentation to the desktop of the computer in the room. Please do this approximately five minutes before your workshop is due to begin to avoid delays at the beginning of the session.
If you wish to use online presentation software (e.g. Prezi, Keynote online, etc.), please ensure that you login to your account and access your presentation before your workshop session begins.
Once in Italy – How ro reach the Villa Tuscolana Park Hotel
In the middle of the Colline Romane area, Villa Tuscolana Park Hotel may be easily reached through any of the main link roads, due to its strategic position so close to the centre of Rome (only 24 km from via Veneto).
Arriving by train
- The whole area is served by railway web. There is a train every hour connecting Frascati Railway Station to Roma Termini Central Railway Station (and viceversa) in about 25 minutes. The trains are calling also Ciampino Railway Station. To learn more about the train schedules, visit the Trenitalia website. To reserve a shuttle bus between Frascati Railway Station and the conference venue and to know more about the shuttle buses, contact the Villa Tuscolana Hotel.
Arriving by plane
- Villa Tuscolana is 8 kilometers from Ciampino Airport (CIA) and 38 kilometers from Leonardo Da Vinci Fiumicino Airport (FCO). There are individual and group car/bus transfers available. Using public transportation: a train – Leonardo Express – is constantly running from Fiumicino Airport to Roma Termini Central Railway Station and viceversa; from Ciampino Airport it is possible to go to Ciampino Railway Station (about 3,5 km distance). From Roma Termini or from Ciampino it is possible to reach Frascati by train (as above described).
Arriving by Car
- To reach Villa Tuscolana from the centre of Rome or from G.R.A. (Grande Raccordo Anulare – the Ring Road around Rome) there are various options: driving along Appia, Anagnina and Tuscolana roads or, the easiest and fastest way, from G.R.A. exit 21/22, follow the Highway A1 for about 5 minutes to the exit Monte Porzio Catone that is just 3 km far from Grand Hotel Villa Tuscolana.
- Coordinates for Satellite Navigator: LAT 41°48’12”N – LONG 12°41’ 21”E
Arriving by Subway/Bus
- Anagnina Subway Station (line A) is about 10 kilometers from Frascati; CO.TRA.L. public buses run constantly from Anagnina to Frascati and viceversa.
Accomodation in Frascati, Rome
Villa Tuscolana Park Hotel has got 90 rooms, including junior suites; from all the front rooms and from the Sala Belvedere (situated on the top of the Villa) it is possible to enjoy one of the most impressive view of Rome, with St. Peter’s “Cupolone” (Dome) on the back. The rooms, old-style furnished, with all comforts including WIFI free connection, give a touch of charm that makes the stay at Villa Tuscolana unique. The conference organizers have negotiated special accommodation rates for the participants of the conference at the Villa Tuscolana.
There are also several other hotels nearby in case you wish to seek accommodation elsewhere or Villa Tuscolana gets fully booked.